You are here
- SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
- COURSES TAUGHT
- RESEARCH INTERESTS
- EXTERNAL LINKS
Giovanni Comandè (LLM Harvard Law School, Ph.D. Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna) is Full Professor of Private comparative law at Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna where he also studied as ordinary student. Since 1995 he has been lawyer, included in the special roll for university teachers in Pisa and Attorney at law (New York Bar, since 1997). A mediator at Organismo Conciliazione Pisa and mediation trainer, he taught in and visited numerous universities (Washington and Lee School of Law; Université Laval; Fordham School of Law; Université Panthéon Assas Paris II, Faculté de Droit ; Hebrew Univeristy, Jérusalem; Wake Forrest University School of Law; University of South Carolina School of Law). He is elected member and advisor for various projects to the American Law Institute (for ex. concerning Information Privacy Principles) member of the European Law Institute (ELI www.europeanlawinstitute.eu), of the European Group on Tort Law (www.egtl.org) and of the European Centre of Tort and Insurance Law, Vienna (www.ectil.org). He works in Italian, English, Spanish and French.
- G. Comandé, G. Malgieri. Why a Right to Legibility of Automated Decision-Making Exists in the General Data Protection Regulation. International Data Privacy Law (IDPL),forthcoming (2017).
- Regulating algorithms regulation? First ethico-legal principles, problems and opportunities of algorithms, inT. Cerquitelli, D. Quercia, F. Pasquale, eds. Transparent Data Mining for Small and Big Data. Springer 2017, p. 169-207 (2017).
- Product Liability in Italy in ‘’European Product Liability. An Analysis of the State of the Art in the Era of New Technologies’’, Piotr Machnikowski (ed.), pag. 275 – 309, Intersentia Ltd, 2016,
- Awarding Damages for Non-Pecuniary Losses: from Full to Personalized Compensation. A Quest towards Neurocognitive Research, in the ‘’ Essays in Honour of Jaap Spier’’, Jan Sramek Verlag, 2016, 55-78.
- Tortius privacy 3.0: a quest for research, Johan Potgieter, Johann Knobel & Rita-Marie Jansen (editors) Essays in Honour of / Huldigingsbundel vir Johann Neethling (2015), xxv & 562 pp, Durban: LexisNexis, ISBN 978 0 409 12449 1, pp. 121-131
- Medical Law in Italy, Kluwer Law International, pp 1-304, 2014.
- The Fifth European Union Freedom: Aggregating Citizenship…around Private Law, in “The Constitutionalization of European Private Law”, edited by Hans-W. Micklitz, pp 61-101, Oxford University Press, 2014.
- “Legal comparison and measures: it’s logic to go beyond numerical comparative law” in Studi in onore di Aldo Frignani, Nuovi orizzonti del diritto comparato europeo e transnazionale, Napoli, Jovene, 2011 p. 173.
- G. Brüggemeier, A. Colombi Ciacchi, G.Comandé, Fundamental Rights and Private Law in the European Union. Vol. I and II CUP, 2010
- Risarcimento del Danno alla Persona e Alternative Istituzionali, Torino, Giappichelli, 1999
- Privacy as a framework: data protection, property, information rights, liability an ICT
- Scienze cognitive e diritto
- Transnational issues in health and law
- Ethico-legal principles, problems and opportunities of algorithms in new technologies
- The ethico-legal conundrums of AI
- The borderlines between products and services in the digital economy
- Medicina e diritti: casi pratici e profili teorici
His areas of competence include: comparative law, data protection law, law and technology, algorithm regulation, civil law in general, tort law, personal injury, European private law, health law, private law of public administration, product liability, A.D.R. (Alternative Dispute Resolution), American law, insurance law, technology regulation.